Google changes you want to know about
Google has just announced that they are beginning to change the Google Certification Program. Inspired by the feedback they have received from their users they have created a new and improved experience for us called Google Partners. Partners has improvements that will be make things easier for its users to get certified with different advertising solutions like AdWords.
How this affects certified professionals
- Access to your GCP account will be read-only.
- You now need a Google Partners account to take exams and get certified.
- Taking exams and getting certified is now free. (was $50 USD per exam)
- Your GCP exam history and AdWords certification status will transfer to Partners when you join using the same Google account.
- Certifications earned through GCP will remain valid through the expiration date.
Learn more about transferring your AdWords certification to Partners
How this affects Google Certified Partner companies
- A Google Partners account is now required to manage your company’s profile on Google Partner Search. You can manage both your individual certifications and company profile using the same Partners account.
- Certified Partner companies will remain listed on Google Partner Search until November 13, 2013.
- To continue being listed on Google Partner Search after November 13th, a company must qualify for the new Google Partner badge.
- Current Certified Partners will not automatically qualify for the new Partner badge.
- Use of the old ‘AdWords Certified Partner’ badge for promotional or other purposes won’t be permitted after November 13th.
Learn more about adding your company to Partners
If you sign up for Partners using your GCP login you will be able to automatically import your old certification history for a smooth transition.